The Galician kitchen is famous in Spain. Galicia has it’s own traditional gastronomie and is known for it’s typical food & drinks. On this page I would like to introduce you to the best Galician food and drinks. Enjoy!
Food in Galicia
With it’s more than 1200 kilometer of coast Galicia has a long lasting fishing tradition. There are many great fish recipes and the region is know for it’s seafood.
More inland you will find typical meat dishes as well.
Some famous and typical dishes are:
- Pulpo a la Gallega, Galicia’s most famous dish. A pure and simple way to serve octopus.
- Pimientos de padrón, some of those peppers are hot, and others…not
- Percebes (goose barnacle). A typical Galician threat. Not the most beautiful animals, and catching them is a dangerous job, but this seafood taste so well!
- Empanada Gallega, a lovely pie to share. To eat on the go or at home.
- Caldo Galego, a traditional warm and healthy winter soup
- Wine. In Galicia you will find lovely wines. Albariño is the most typical.
- Licor Café. A local way to create a coffee liquer. Served after every meal.